Next Election: December 19, 2023
City of Millersville Special Election
Election Day: December 19, 2023
Early voting available tomorrow, Saturday, December 2nd from 9:00 am to Noon
see schedule below for more dates and times.
To find out about your current voter status you may call our office or click HERE
The election is open for registered voters residing in the Millersville city limits only.
Office on the ballot: City Commissioner Unexpired Term
Click HERE for the City of Millersville Early Voting Schedule
Click HERE for additional dates and information.
Click HERE for the condensed sample ballot
Absentee and Military/Overseas applications also accepted immediately for this election.
For City of Millersville residents of Robertson County, please contact Robertson County Election Commission at 615-384-5592 or Here for location information
Presidential Preference and Sumner County Primary
Election Day: March 5, 2024
Issuing candidate petitions for the March 5, 2024 Sumner County Primary thru NOON December 14, 2023.
Click HERE for additional election dates and details
- First day to pick up a local candidate qualifying petition is Monday, October 16, 2023.
- Candidate qualifying deadline is NOON, Thursday, December 14, 2023 and the withdrawal deadline is NOON, Thursday, December 21, 2023.
- Petitions for those interested in running in the primary as well as those running as an independent share the same deadlines listed above. Potential candidates should be aware that before raising or spending any money an Appointment of Political Treasurer form must be filed with Sumner County Election Commission. Additional candidate information can be located under our Resources tab in the Candidate Info area.
- Last day to register to vote is Monday, February 5, 2024. Registering to vote is by county in Tennessee. If you have recently moved from any county within Tennessee, you will need to register in Sumner county to be eligible to vote in the next election.
- First day of early voting will be Wednesday, February 14, 2024 and run thru Tuesday, February 27, 2024.
- First day to request an absentee ballot is Wednesday, December 6, 2023
HOW TO REGISTER TO VOTE - The Tennessee Secretary of State’s office provides voters with convenient access to register to vote or to update an existing voter registration. Below you can choose to use the online process or print a form and mail to our office.
Exciting News for Sumner County Voters!
In 2024, Sumner County will begin using VVPAT (Voter Verified Paper Audit Trail) voting machines. These voting machines will allow a voter to view their ballot, on paper, prior to pressing the "Cast Vote" button. While this has been discussed for years, it is now a reality! Please click on the link below to view the new voting machines and a demonstration of how the machines operate.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Check Your Voter Status with Voter Lookup (updated weekly by State Election office)
- Check Your Legislative District Status with TN District Lookup (updated weekly by State Election office) Just input your home address to obtain the most current information.
- What is required for voting?
- Do I have to show up to vote?
- Find Your Polling Location
- Update voter Registration/Address Change/Name Change
- Absentee Voting link to the TN Division of Elections (including all reasons for voting absentee)
- Absentee Ballot Request Form (fillable)
- Military/Overseas Voting
- Military/Overseas Form 76
- Are you required to register by political party in Tennessee?
- Restore Voting Rights
- Purging Voter Registration
- In case of death how is a registration purged?
- Is my voter registration public record?
- Physician's Statement (Dr. Certified form)
- How to Read & Use Your Voter Registration Card
Tennessee Honor Vote Program
Dedicate your vote to those who are serving or have served in the U.S. Military. For more information click HERE
2023/2024 ELECTION DATES:
COMMISSION MEETING INFORMATION:
The Sumner County Election Commission meets monthly, the second Tuesday of the month at 4:00 pm unless otherwise specified.
NOTICE OF REGULAR ELECTION COMMISSION MEETINGS
AGENDAS & MINUTES CLICK HERE
How to signup for public comments CLICK HERE
Hours and Holidays CLICK HERE
SUMNER COUNTY ELECTION COMMISSION:
M. Allen Ehmling, Chairman
Denise D. Shepherd, Secretary
Patricia D. Collins, Member
J. Michael Fussell, Member
Jeffery B. Hulsey, Member
Lori D. Atchley, Administrator of Elections
Sumner County Election Commission
355 North Belvedere Drive, Rm 106
Gallatin, TN 37066
Office Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Serve your community as a poll worker
Interested in serving your community as a Poll Worker? For information call (615) 452-1456 or email to email@example.com or click below.
To sign up CLICK HERE .
Poll Worker Factsheet
Voter Fraud Hotline
Tennessee Ranked #1 in the Country when it comes to Election Integrity!
The Heritage Foundation ranked us the top in the nation when it comes to protecting your vote.
To get more information on this honor click HERE