Next Election: NOVEMBER 8, 2022
What you need to know about the November 8, 2022 State and Federal General Election and Sumner County Municipal Elections
- Eligible voters can link to a printable application to request an absentee ballot or call our office for assistance.
- All Sumner County Registered voters are encouraged to take advantage of Early Voting and vote at any one of the locations within the county. Please click on the link below to view the calendar for dates and times.
- The Condensed Sample Ballot is available to view below or under the Elections tab. To view any of the four constitutional amendments, click on the links below.
- Please refer to the our Factsheet below to view important dates and deadlines as well as a list of offices on the November ballot.
Voter registration deadline for the November State and Federal Election and Sumner County Municipal Elections is Tuesday, October 11, 2022.
Online voter registration - The Tennessee Secretary of State’s office is proud to offer online voter registration. The site provides voters with convenient access to register to vote or to update an existing voter registration. Below you can choose to use the online process or print a form and mail to our office.
How has redistricting affected how I vote?
The link below reflects the assigned district and voting precinct details for your address. You will be able to see if your precinct or districts have changed as a result of the redistricting process. CLICK HERE and simply insert your full address to view the details.
Frequently asked voter questions
- Voter Registration Guide
- Check Your Voter Status with Voter Lookup (updated weekly by State Election office)
- NEW Check Your Legislative District Status with TN District Lookup (updated weekly by State Election office) Just input your home address to obtain the most current information.
- What ID is required for voting?
- Do I have to show up to vote?
- Find Your Polling Location
- Update voter Registration/Address Change/Name Change
- Absentee Voting link to the TN Division of Elections (including all reasons for voting absentee)
- Absentee Ballot Request Form (fillable)
- Military/Overseas Voting
- Military/Overseas Form 76
- Are you required to register by political party in Tennessee?
- Restore Voting Rights
- Purging Voter Registration
- In case of death how is a registration purged?
- Is my voter registration public record?
- Physician's Statement (Dr. Certified form)
2022 Election Dates:
November 8, 2022: State and Federal General Election and Sumner County Municipal Elections
The Sumner County Election Commission meets monthly, the second Tuesday of the month at 4:00 pm.
Sumner County Election Commission:
M. Allen Ehmling, Chairman
Patricia D. Collins, Secretary
J. Michael Fussell, Member
Jeffery B. Hulsey, Member
Denise D. Shepherd, Member
Lori D. Atchley, Administrator of Elections
Sumner County Election Office
355 North Belvedere Drive, Room 106
Gallatin, TN 37066
Phone: (615) 452-1456 | Fax: (615) 230-6147
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 pm
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Serve your community as a poll worker
Interested in serving your community as a Poll Worker? For information call (615) 452-1456 or email to email@example.com or click below.
To sign up CLICK HERE .