Next Election: NOVEMBER 8, 2022
State and Federal General and Sumner County Municipal Elections
The deadline for Petitions for the November 8, 2022 Election is Thursday, August 18, 2022 at noon.
Petitions for the Sumner County Municipal Elections were available at the Sumner County Election Office beginning Monday, June 20, 2022 located at 355 N Belvedere Dr., Rm 106 in Gallatin.
The deadline to return petitions is Noon, Thursday August 18, 2022 to the Sumner County Election Commission. The withdrawal deadline is noon, Thursday, August 25, 2022.
- Please refer to the FACTSHEET for the November 8, 2022 Election to view the list of offices on the November ballot.
- August 10, 2022 was the first day to request an absentee ballot for the November ballot. Eligible voters can click HERE to link to a printable application to request an absentee ballot or call our office for assistance.
August 4, 2022 Election Summary
Online voter registration - The Tennessee Secretary of State’s office is proud to offer online voter registration. The site provides voters with convenient access to register to vote or to update an existing voter registration. Voter registration deadline for the NOVEMBER State and Federal General and Sumner County Municipal Election is Tuesday, October 11, 2022. To register or change your registration online CLICK HERE.
How has redistricting affected how I vote?
The link below reflects the assigned district and voting precinct details for your address. You will be able to see if your precinct or districts have changed as a result of the redistricting process. CLICK HERE and simply insert your full address to view the details.
Frequently asked voter questions
- Voter Registration Guide
- Check Your Voter Status with Voter Lookup (updated weekly by State Election office)
- NEW Check Your Legislative District Status with TN District Lookup (updated weekly by State Election office) Just input your home address to obtain the most current information.
- What ID is required for voting?
- Do I have to show up to vote?
- Find Your Polling Location
- Update voter Registration/Address Change/Name Change
- Absentee Voting link to the TN Division of Elections (including all reasons for voting absentee)
- Absentee Ballot Request Form (fillable)
- Military/Overseas Voting
- Military/Overseas Form 76
- Are you required to register by political party in Tennessee?
- Restore Voting Rights
- Purging Voter Registration
- In case of death how is a registration purged?
- Is my voter registration public record?
- Physician's Statement (Dr. Certified form)
2022 Election Dates:
November 8, 2022: State and Federal General Election and Sumner County Municipal Elections
Important Voter Information
New districts for the Sumner County Commission and the School Board have been approved by the Sumner County Commission. Voters will choose representatives from those new districts in the May 3, 2022 Sumner County Primary and the August 4, 2022 County General Election. HOWEVER, until those elected candidates take office after the August 4, 2022 election, the current representatives remain in place.
The Sumner County Election Commission meets monthly, the second Tuesday of the month at 4:00 pm. The special called meeting today, Tuesday 8/16/22, has been cancelled.
NOTE: Special Call Meeting August 25,2022 at 4:30 pm
Sumner County Election Commission:
M. Allen Ehmling, Chairman
Patricia D. Collins, Secretary
J. Michael Fussell, Member
Jeffery B. Hulsey, Member
Denise D. Shepherd, Member
Lori D. Atchley, Administrator of Elections
Sumner County Election Office
355 North Belvedere Drive, Room 106
Gallatin, TN 37066
Phone: (615) 452-1456 | Fax: (615) 230-6147
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 pm
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Serve your community as a poll worker
Interested in serving your community as a Poll Worker? For information call (615) 452-1456 or email to email@example.com or click below.
To sign up CLICK HERE .