Next Election Day: March 5, 2024
(election date susceptible to change per TCA 2-13-205)
Exciting News for Sumner County Voters!
In 2024, Sumner County will begin using VVPAT (Voter Verified Paper Audit Trail) voting machines. These voting machines will allow a voter to view their ballot, on paper, prior to pressing the "Cast Vote" button. While this has been discussed for years, it is now a reality! Please click on the link below to view the new voting machines and a demonstration of how the machines operate.
HOW TO REGISTER TO VOTE - The Tennessee Secretary of State’s office provides voters with convenient access to register to vote or to update an existing voter registration. Below you can choose to use the online process or print a form and mail to our office.
Tennessee Ranked #1 in the Country when it comes to Election Integrity!
The Heritage Foundation ranked us the top in the nation when it comes to protecting your vote.
To get more information on this honor click HERE
Frequently Asked Questions
- Check Your Voter Status with Voter Lookup (updated weekly by State Election office)
- Check Your Legislative District Status with TN District Lookup (updated weekly by State Election office) Just input your home address to obtain the most current information.
- What ID is required for voting?
- Do I have to show up to vote?
- Find Your Polling Location
- Update voter Registration/Address Change/Name Change
- Absentee Voting link to the TN Division of Elections (including all reasons for voting absentee)
- Absentee Ballot Request Form (fillable)
- Military/Overseas Voting
- Military/Overseas Form 76
- Are you required to register by political party in Tennessee?
- Restore Voting Rights
- Purging Voter Registration
- In case of death how is a registration purged?
- Is my voter registration public record?
- Physician's Statement (Dr. Certified form)
- How to Read & Use Your Voter Registration Card
2024 Election Dates:
March 5, 2024
August 1, 2024
November 5, 2024
The Sumner County Election Commission meets monthly, the second Tuesday of the month at 4:00 pm.
PUBLIC NOTICE: Special Call Meeting Tuesday March 28, 2023 at 4:00 pm at former TN Rehabilitation Center Conference Room, 1019 Union School Rd, Gallatin, TN 37066
NOTE: NEXT REGULAR MEETING WILL BE HELD ON TUESDAY, APRIL 11, 2023. Location and agenda to follow.
NOTICE OF REGULAR ELECTION COMMISSION MEETINGS
AGENDAS & MINUTES CLICK HERE
Sumner County Election Commission:
M. Allen Ehmling, Chairman
Patricia D. Collins, Secretary
J. Michael Fussell, Member
Jeffery B. Hulsey, Member
Denise D. Shepherd, Member
Lori D. Atchley, Administrator of Elections
Sumner County Election Commission
355 North Belvedere Drive, Rm 106
Gallatin, TN 37066
Office Hours: Mon - Fri, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Phone: (615) 452-1456
Fax: (615) 230-6147
What is required for voting?
Serve your community as a poll worker
Interested in serving your community as a Poll Worker? For information call (615) 452-1456 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org or click below.
To sign up CLICK HERE .