NEXT Election Day: March 5, 2024
(election date susceptible to change per TCA 2-13-205)
Online voter registration - The Tennessee Secretary of State’s office is proud to offer online voter registration. The site provides voters with convenient access to register to vote or to update an existing voter registration. Below you can choose to use the online process or print a form and mail to our office.
Tennessee Ranked #1 in the Country when it comes to Election Integrity!
The Heritage Foundation ranked us the top in the nation when it comes to protecting your vote.
To get more information on this honor click HERE
How has redistricting affected how I vote?
The link below reflects the assigned district and voting precinct details for your address. You will be able to see if your precinct or districts have changed as a result of the redistricting process. CLICK HERE and simply insert your full address to view the details.
Frequently asked questions
- Voter Registration Guide
- Check Your Voter Status with Voter Lookup (updated weekly by State Election office)
- NEW Check Your Legislative District Status with TN District Lookup (updated weekly by State Election office) Just input your home address to obtain the most current information.
- What ID is required for voting?
- Do I have to show up to vote?
- Find Your Polling Location
- Update voter Registration/Address Change/Name Change
- Absentee Voting link to the TN Division of Elections (including all reasons for voting absentee)
- Absentee Ballot Request Form (fillable)
- Military/Overseas Voting
- Military/Overseas Form 76
- Are you required to register by political party in Tennessee?
- Restore Voting Rights
- Purging Voter Registration
- In case of death how is a registration purged?
- Is my voter registration public record?
- Physician's Statement (Dr. Certified form)
2024 Election Dates:
March 5, 2024
August 1, 2024
November 5, 2024
The Sumner County Election Commission meets monthly, the second Tuesday of the month at 4:00 pm.
Sumner County Election Commission:
M. Allen Ehmling, Chairman
Patricia D. Collins, Secretary
J. Michael Fussell, Member
Jeffery B. Hulsey, Member
Denise D. Shepherd, Member
Lori D. Atchley, Administrator of Elections
Sumner County Election Office
355 North Belvedere Drive, Room 106
Gallatin, TN 37066
Phone: (615) 452-1456 | Fax: (615) 230-6147
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 pm
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Serve your community as a poll worker
Interested in serving your community as a Poll Worker? For information call (615) 452-1456 or email to email@example.com or click below.
To sign up CLICK HERE .